Tuesday 13 May 2014

Holyhead to Belfast

7th to 9th May
Holyhead-Peel-Belfast
Route and pics
Wind and cold overcame me, so I took a train and bus inland and had a day in Snowdonia before leaving Holyhead (a walk in the mountains and trip round the Dinorwic Pumped Storage Power Station did wonders). Then, a very boisterous sail to Peel on Isle of Man (sleep, shower, kipper)...followed by another brisk and demanding sail to Belfast (F.7/8 - more than forecast - is too much for me, and troublesome for Misty too!).
Swellies from train

Dinorwic...

Pretty Llanberis garden
In Belfast I coincided with the start of the Gyro d'Italia cycle race - fantastic atmosphere, huge crowds, amazing cyclists (no fuss, they just get going...very fast!). All this started a few minutes from my city centre mooring, and I felt very privileged.
Peel Harbour, IoM

First day of the Gyro d'Italia

Yum - Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment