Thursday 15 May 2014

Belfast to Campbeltown

11th to 15th May
Belfast-Lamlash-Toward-Rhu-Lochranza-Campbeltown
Route and pics

No short cuts here! But, I have plenty of time, and enjoyed a quick circuit of the Firth of Clyde. Readily memorable highlights were a visit to Dari Young and their wonderful home overlooking Gairloch (many thanks – I loved everything and am grateful for clean clothes too!)-, and then a trip through the Kyles of Bute. (It was wet and horrid when I visited two years ago, but sunny and almost warm this time.) …Oh, and before I left Belfast, St George’s Market: - fantastic live music and a couple of brilliant dancers (rock-n-roll), as well as stores replenished with market produce…
Dancing and music in the market, Belfast

View of Gairloch from this fine home

Dari working in the kitchen

Company - I guess going to Faslane

Up and through the Kyles of Bute
Now … time to tidy up and tomorrow head on somewhere north…

No comments:

Post a Comment