Wednesday 15 August 2012

Scilly to Falmouth

Friday 10th to Monday 13th August
Tean-St Agnes-Bryher-Tresco-St Mary-Falmouth
(route http://www.a-trip.com/tracks/view/111512 )

St Agnes
At this stage of the trip I have little wish to move back ashore, so look for ways to prolong the time afloat. The current strong winds help! But, most good things must eventually come to an end, so after five days, five Scilly islands, long walks, long talks, a few beers and my first swims of the year, I left Scilly yesterday with a locker full of 'hedge veg'.




Green Bay, Bryher

Old Grimsby Sound, Tresco

Watermill Cove, St Mary

Wolf Rock
Just ahead of a gale and with rain lashing down, we tacked round the Lizard, well reefed and very wet, for a quick reach into Falmouth. At dusk, well sheltered in a tree-lined creek near Truro, Misty shook her sails like a soggy dog, and I dropped the anchor.
Up to Ruan Creek - in the rain
And now, Wednesday, I've moved up to Truro, the only visitor at the quay!

Tom and Monica,
Of course I remember you and your beautiful boat! I can't find your email address or see how to reply to your query, except like this. Would be good to hear more of your trip. If you see this, please contact me via michael.sweet12@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment