Tuesday 21 August 2012

Cawsand to Starcross

Sunday 19th to Monday 20th August
Cawsand-Salcombe-Starcross

(route http://www.a-trip.com/tracks/view/112008 )

After 122 nights aboard and 2,687 miles over the ground, we're home. The final mooring (Misty's residence) was one of the trickiest: firstly, I couldn't find my mooring because I don't recognise the spot now there are so many boats on the water; then, the pick-up buoy had sunk! Landfall, i.e. setting foot ashore, was this morning. A lot of clothes are going through the washing machine now.

Final leg - into the Exe, passing Exmouth
First day - east across Lyme Bay
Sailing gives wonderful contrasts: leaving on 19th April, we wore five or more layers, had goose pimples, and we raced along with just a furled genoa; returning four months later, we had t-shirts or less, very sunburnt noses, and Misty moved gently with goose-winged cruising chute. I love both, and can't wait for another trip.


Last day - east across Torbay















Thank you to everyone who has come along as long-suffering crew. You've taught me lots and, though I make plenty of mistakes, I reckon most sailors always will!

No comments:

Post a Comment