Tuesday 3 July 2012

Jura to Campbeltown

Sunday 1st July to Tuesday 3rd July
Craighouse-Gigha Is.-Sanda Is.-Campbeltown
http://www.a-trip.com/tracks/view/107994


Sanda Island is tiny. It was recently bought by a Swiss couple who live in Stockholme. They've added colour with the sky-blue sheep and vivid pink ornate plastic armchairs. They'vealso employed a very young fascinating couple of Belgians to manage it; though the Swiss couple visit every week. (Don't ask me how!) The (Flemish) Belgian girl's language skills include the English for razorbill, which is impressive.

For a sailor as indecisive as me, Scotland is a nightmare as I can never decide where to go; there are far too many wonderful choices. I seldom end up where I aimed to go. Sanda Island was one example. But when the wind died and I felt hungry and the tide was rather strong, it was conveniently in just the right place.

Now, two days later, it's very misty, drizzly, windy, and pretty horrid, so it's good there's a distillery to visit, a laundrette and some points of interest. This is a picture of the Linda McCartney memorial garden. Campbeltown is busy with boats; after my company on Jura (below), that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment